Legal Aspects of Evidence
- Administration of Justice
- Legal Aspects of Evidence
This course examines categories of evidence and legal rules governing its admission and exclusion in the criminal process.
Rules of evidence
Types of evidence
Privilege against self-incrimination
Chain of custody
Search and seizure
At the conclusion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify and differentiate various types of evidence
- Define and describe key rules of evidence
- Critically evaluate and apply the rules of evidence to specific case facts
Objective and subjective examinations/quizzes
In class exercises/presentations
Criminal Evidence, Hails, J, 2014, 8th Ed.
Criminal Evidence, Garland, 2015, 7th Ed.
Orig App year 2010
- October 31, 2011
- May 09, 2016