March 29, 2017
Overview of structure and financial performances of hospitality industry; food and lodging, resorts, tourism enterprises, attractions and related operations. Focus on orientation to customer service, cultural/economic trends and career opportunities.
- History of Hospitality
- Travel and Tourism Industry
- Hospitality Careers
- Food Service Operations
- Restaurant Organization
- Hotel Operations
- Club Organization and Operation
- Meetings Industry, Conventions and Expositions
- Marketing and Selling
- Managing Marketing Communications
- Management Companies
- Floating Resorts: The Cruise Line Business
- Gaming and Casino Hotels
- Managing and Leading Hospitality Enterprises
- Managed Services
- Special Events Management
At the conclusion of this course the student should be able to:
- Describe the relationship of human/social need for hospitality services.
- Define the goals of various hospitality elements and related products and services.
- Describe the service relationship in terms of psychological needs and social-psychological experiences.
- Define the basic role of business in the field of hospitality.
- Identify major challenges to the hospitality industry.
- Describe opportunities for entry and advancement in the hospitality field.
- Identify key qualities, philosophies, or experiences associated with success in the field.
May Include: Exams, Quizzes, Portfolio, Projects
Hospitality Today: An Introduction Educational Institute of the American Hotel and Lodging Association.; Angelo and Vladimir
Introduction to Hospitality, John R. Walker
Universally required course.
1st:2/5-3/4/16, 2nd:11/23-12/16/16 3rd:1/6/17-